Tomorrow is International Bacon Day. Act Accordingly.
In a half ass attempt to celebrate, I attempted today to make Bacon Cupcakes. They may be messy and poorly formed, but I would say I succeeded.
And this is how:
- Bacon (a slice per cupcake. This recipe has a yield of a dozen, but you may not want to make them all bacony. So, use your own judgement.(You’re going to make them all bacony, right? Thought so.)).
- 1 cup of flour.
- 1/2 cup of cold coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened.
- 1/2 cup of sugar (even less if you don’t want it too sweet).
- 1/4 tbs salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pre-made chocolate icing (or whatever you prefer. I was lazy).
- Preheat oven to 375 f
- Mix all dry ingredients (minus the bacon) in large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients (minus the icing) in another bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- On a cookie sheet, place 12 large cupcake cups. In any of the cupcakes you want bacon, place a coiled strip of uncooked bacon, and then dump your chocolate batter in it, like so…>>>>
- Place in oven. Wait about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Or try to eat them in your oven and see how far that gets you.
- Wait for them to cool down some. Remove carefully from paper cup. They will be a little moist still from the rendered bacon fat. Let cool on rack.
- Ice those bad boys.
There you are. A heart-attack in a cup. for a first time attempt, they were a little messy, mostly with the bacon getting a little loose. Might try to fasten them with a toothpick for future attempts.
No one judges on Bacon Day.